Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Any help on these figurines would be appreciated
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="MariaT, post: 1606984, member: 13901"]I appreciate the research into similar figures. I recall my grandmother-in-law telling me in the early 1970's she recalled the thin strips of wood in the spills being used to start a fire from embers. And that these figures were on the mantle when she was growing up in late 19th early 20th century. I just don't know if the spills were her mother's or her grandmother's. Late 19th century sounds like a good fit for belonging to either one.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="MariaT, post: 1606984, member: 13901"]I appreciate the research into similar figures. I recall my grandmother-in-law telling me in the early 1970's she recalled the thin strips of wood in the spills being used to start a fire from embers. And that these figures were on the mantle when she was growing up in late 19th early 20th century. I just don't know if the spills were her mother's or her grandmother's. Late 19th century sounds like a good fit for belonging to either one.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Any help on these figurines would be appreciated
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...