Featured Any idea how old or how to find out what Thisbe sample bed originally looked??

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Kayra Hancock, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Kayra Hancock

Kayra Hancock New Member

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm more interested in the ' cabin in the woods'...!!!

it looks in great shape......
    it's the weekend , so check back when folks have had a chance to show up ...:):)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Kayra Hancock

Kayra Hancock New Member

Thanks! I think I’ll stick around since people seem to respond here a bit so I’ll def check back later!

4. komokwa

I didn't mean to SHOO you.....just that most furniture folks are here in the daytime......:sorry::sorry::rolleyes::):):)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. Kayra Hancock

Kayra Hancock New Member

No I get it it’s just that normally I’d abandon a website when I don’t get responses but I actually like this one haha

6. komokwa

Ohh, no no.....this is the one you stick around until your item has been fully examined by the Gang !!
    They will ask you for more pics.....any markings...what area of the country ( which country) you found it , size !!! , and anything else you may know.
    The more u help us...the more we can help you !

7. Kayra Hancock

Kayra Hancock New Member

That’s awesome I’ve been looking for somewhere like that

8. komokwa

go check your inbox for a conversation....

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Is there a reason you believe it to be a salesman's sample and not a doll's bed? It appears to originally have been painted eau de nil which would date it to the 1930s-ish but similar metal bed frames were made over a number of years.

Debora

10. pewter2

pewter2 Well-Known Member

hello Kayra....due to the many time zones there are usually some members on line 24 hours....in my instance today will be yesterday tomorrow....if you are in the US. We sleep and they are wide awake and visa versa.I think 4 or 5 different time zones to contend with...welcome to the forum....regards ..pewter2

11. Kayra Hancock

Kayra Hancock New Member

The reason I thought it was a sample bed was because of the springs in the center. When I looked them up sample beds seemed to have them and doll beds didn’t but I could very easily be wrong, I don’t know anything about it

12. Kayra Hancock

Kayra Hancock New Member

Oh also how the sample beds are made seem to match mine. Like this one. The way it’s built, the bolts on it and stuff looks very similar to mine B28BFE78-E4F8-4592-B20B-1AB4C9E04521.jpeg

13. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Kayra.
    Love the bed, but can't say much about it. I do know that sample furniture and apprentice pieces often ended up as doll's furniture.
    As the others said, more people will be along later, I'm in the Central European Time zone.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  14. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

KH: Woods, where approximately? Nevada perhaps? Was the bed made up? “Slept in?” Be careful if you return to that site. “They” may be looking for their bed. BTW, welcome!

15. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Hmmm, cabin in the woods...were there 3 bowls of porridge on the table?
    Welcome KH, just killing time here waiting for answers too. I have had several of these small beds with springs and always assumed they were doll beds, probably because I didn't find a manufacturers name.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  16. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I also think doll bed. A lot of such toy/doll furniture gets misidentified as salesman's samples since they are worth more. I would not trust such identifications on the internet without some convincing proof. 1930's seems about right for this but such beds go back a decade or so earlier.

17. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Kayra!
    I can’t help with your charming bed, except to call on @johnnycb09.
    If memory serves correctly, he just posted some dollhouses.

18. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

You dont give measurements,but depending on its size I think doll bed as well. Believe it or not,there was a time when everything was made to last,even toys.

Draft saved Draft deleted