Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Tools
>
Any idea what this tool is used for?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="springfld.arsenal, post: 280547, member: 54"]King is warmer than I was on this with mention of angles. If I could see more of it I'd be sure but now I'm thinking you set an angle you want to grind on a metal-cutting tool like drill bit point or lathe cutter, and lock the thing. Then you can lay the side of the bit or cutter on the flat part of it and see if there's any light between the edge you are grinding and the triangular point. That triangular thing is what moves when the angle scale changes.</p><p><br /></p><p>But upon checking the web, my description doesn't pull up anything similar to your tool so we've gotta keep guessing. Searching images came up empty too so you may have a one-off or prototype.</p><p><br /></p><p>I could use it for cutter-grinding so if you list/decide to sell, pls send me a pm via this site.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="springfld.arsenal, post: 280547, member: 54"]King is warmer than I was on this with mention of angles. If I could see more of it I'd be sure but now I'm thinking you set an angle you want to grind on a metal-cutting tool like drill bit point or lathe cutter, and lock the thing. Then you can lay the side of the bit or cutter on the flat part of it and see if there's any light between the edge you are grinding and the triangular point. That triangular thing is what moves when the angle scale changes. But upon checking the web, my description doesn't pull up anything similar to your tool so we've gotta keep guessing. Searching images came up empty too so you may have a one-off or prototype. I could use it for cutter-grinding so if you list/decide to sell, pls send me a pm via this site.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Tools
>
Any idea what this tool is used for?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...