Any ideas on this rhinestone pin

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by mymysharona43, Feb 2, 2015.

1. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

Could pass for Haskell from the front but the back is wrong (I think)
    Any help appreciated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

mymysharona43 likes this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Agree with Evelynb -- post it over there, too. It is an drop dead piece, I would think a better maker, very nice. The triangular back might be a clue.

Quick suggestion since you might be posting additional jewelry photos. The photos above are quite good, but if this is easy to do, crop the photo even more. As much as you can. Take the dead space out and fill the frame with the item. The details, prong setting etc. will just pop and people will be able to get a really good look. Also include approx size in the text, I'm guessing this is 3 inches across, which is a huge pin, but hard to tell. All these things will help with identification.

This particular pin absolutely stood out for me when I was sharing in the excitement of your jewelry delivery. Hope it turns out to be a great piece.

4. mymysharona43

Thanks Bev and Lucille, I will check with them, it is well made and zillions of rhinestones. I will get better photo's, thanks for that, your right, I can do better
    I have barely left this chair today playing with jools

5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Well, sitting and playing with jewelry sounds totally fun. The photos above are pretty darn good, was just thinking if you could get a larger image it might be helpful to see the prongs, etc.

This piece is a bit unusual. I've seen a lot of costume jewelry (and venture to say that Evelyn has as well.)

Evelyn said she was stumped, and I can't say that I've seen a piece like this before, either.

I don't think it is Miriam Haskell. Haskell is less uniform, more mixed shapes, colors and materials, like beads with rhinestones, pearls with glass, etc. (Could be wrong, hope I am.) But thinking "better" designer on this. I did a quick count, there appears to be 20 rhinestones on each pedal - that makes 300 rhinestones for this piece!

Hopefully it will ring a bell for someone.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  6. mymysharona43

That's a lot of rhinestones lol
    Yes sorting mating, and replaced a few rhinestones
    It is well made and I'm pretty sure it is not Haskell but I have seen rhinestones like them on Haskell and yes usually mixed with different elements. It seems well made, kind of unusual construction. I did post it over there, hopefully someone can help

Draft saved Draft deleted