Featured Any ideas on this?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rink28, Dec 3, 2020.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

This is coming up for sale in a few days at a local auction. Was wondering if anyone seen anything similar to this? Tried doing some research but couldn't find anything on it. Thanks for any info. These are the only two pics they took of it.

H22456-L236593220.jpg H22456-L236593227.jpg

pearlsnblume, judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

What does the auction house say about it?

3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Its just titled "blue bowl on iron stand grape design"

4. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

its a auction company

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That looks like it held a vase and someone stuck a bowl on it. Base doesnt look old to me.That bowl is a pretty color though.

verybrad and judy like this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

If they don't give any description then I would be wary of buying from them. A reputable auction company will do research, list the materials the item is made of, provide measurements and list anything else they know about it. They will also reply to any questions potential buyers have including requests for additional photos.

If I were you I would back away from this company and its listings!

judy likes this.
  7. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't think they belong together. The bowl could sell on it's own. The Grape design stand puts me in mind of an ice bucket holder like you would see in a restaurant to hold champagne. Just my thoughts.

judy likes this.
  8. SUPERJUNK1970

SUPERJUNK1970 Active Member

Its modern, I happen to just have the metal base , most likely made in india and you can put what ever you want on top. I have a cut crystal liquor decanter on mine.

judy likes this.
  9. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thank you the base didn't really look old to me. Im curious more about the bowl haha. Thanks for the info!

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yes, the bowl is more interesting than the base.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted