Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sarahbw, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Sarahbw

Sarahbw New Member

I bought two teacups, very similar in style, today from a thrift store. What, if anything, can you guys tell me about them? I have next to nothing invested in them, so let the comments fly!

The stamp on the bottom says "Imported for Burdine's Japan"

Burdine's Department Store?
    15634922001184157142407456612834.jpg 15634922545221011533463799542478.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Yes, imported from Japan for Burdine's Department Store (which I have heard of once or twice, but don't remember where it was.) It may or may not have been an exclusive design, but I would guess well past WWII.

3. Sarahbw

Sarahbw New Member

Thank you! They're both very pretty. I couldn't find anything about them online, but I read Burdine's was in Florida. If that's the case, they've traveled very well!

pearlsnblume, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

5. Sarahbw

Sarahbw New Member

Thanks for the link! My other teacup looks similar to one on this page as well (the blue, 16th picture in the list). But it has segmented edges like the one I posted initially.

pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

FWIW, Burdines was a very nice dept store in Fla if I remember right. My grandmother shopped there during her brief stint living in Fla.

judy and Sarahbw like this.
  7. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

8. Sarahbw

Sarahbw New Member

SBSVC and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted