Featured Any info? Embossed brass covered, wall mounted key ring holder?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Dec 21, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

When I first saw this at a thrift store I thought it went in a bathroom over a sink like a medicine box, but when I opened it I saw the 2 hooks for key rings & it made me think of a old brownstone in NY with a doorman who'd keep your car keys in something like this, but with 2 hooks; maybe for a duplex?
    Or is it just an unusual key box for a home with his & her hooks?
    Has anyone seen anything like it? (I couldn't find anything)
    How old is it (I'm thinking old-er because of the slot screws used on it on the back)
    PS - I paid $19.95 because I had a old box with the same brass nailed on it & it sold for a great price (look on eBay for embossed brass log box & see!) - did I do OK?
    PSS - It measures 27" x 14.5"
    Thanks - as always - for any information!

COLLECTIBLE KEY RING BOX 1AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE KEY RING BOX 2AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE KEY RING BOX 3AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE KEY RING BOX 4AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE KEY RING BOX 4AAA.JPG

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. i need help

I don’t know if their information is correct as far as dating etc, they call it a valet cabinet.

4. journeymagazine

How'd you find that?!

ulilwitch likes this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

At $19.95, I'd think it was steal.

6. i need help

7. i need help

8. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

That is really pretty.

9. journeymagazine

1st one that i need help found (on ebay) says it's french, 2nd one moreotherstuff found said it is Belgium & last one that ineedhelp also found said it was Frisian - which I googled & it said they are a German ethnic group from NW Germany & Netherlands.

The 1st one that ineedhelp found (of course - thank you ineedhelp!) has 2 shoe brushes in it; but the 2nd one that moreotherstuff found said it is a key cabinet & then the 3rd one said ineedhelp found said storage cabinet - I think key cabinet/box is most recognizable; but what do you suggest I call it & where should I say it's from?

The good thing is they all say late 1800's to turn of the century (for the french victorian one on eBay) - yay!

Thank you; I can't believe you found it so quick + so many examples! I think I found a winner today!

ulilwitch likes this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Then u haven't been paying attention to one of our Super Hero's !!! :meh:

patd8643 and ulilwitch like this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think that's a boot cupboard.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted