Any info/help on 1978 Antique Auto Show + a signed Chinese plaque about tomb's terra cotta army?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jan 23, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found these today at a local thrift store. The poster for the Antique Auto Show on Lincoln Road Mall (a open air "mall" (a 5-6 block stretch with streets closed to cars & only for pedestrians/shoppers/bikes etc) that used to be Miami Beach's Rodeo Drive) is my favorite - I had a pipe & tobacco shop on Lincoln Road around then(!) but I can't find anything using google or google image search?

But the plaque with a photo of the 'terra cotta army' that is part of 'The World Heritage List' that I believe was found in a Chinese royalty tomb, is the most interesting!
    Who signed the piece - the original discoverer(?) of the tomb & the terra cotta army? Maybe one of the "actors"? dressed like the terra cotta soldiers?

What is the soviet pin for/why is it on there? (could the old man be who discovered the tomb & the pin is some kind of People's medal/award?
    Any information or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

ART POSTER ANTIQUE AUTO SHOW POSTER 1AA.jpg ART POSTER ANTIQUE AUTO SHOW POSTER 2AA.jpg ART POSTER ANTIQUE AUTO SHOW POSTER 3AA.jpg ART PRINT TERRA COTTA SOLDIERS PLAQUE 1AA.jpg ART PRINT TERRA COTTA SOLDIERS PLAQUE 2AA.jpg ART PRINT TERRA COTTA SOLDIERS PLAQUE 3AA.jpg ART PRINT TERRA COTTA SOLDIERS PLAQUE 6AA.jpg ART PRINT TERRA COTTA SOLDIERS PLAQUE 7AA.jpg ART PRINT TERRA COTTA SOLDIERS PLAQUE 5AA.jpg

2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

The pin or badge is Chairman Mao Zedong.

3. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

1st posters pretty darn cool :) should appeal to vintage car enthusiasts

4. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

5. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

I was gonna say deco, was right there on the tip of my tongue

Great shout mate

anundverkaufen likes this.
  6. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

That’s the Hotel New Yorker, demolished in 1981.
    The Miami Design Preservation League uses it in their logo.
    09D72668-D9B6-4786-AB40-BE2CBCA4403B.png

quirkygirl and charlie cheswick like this.
  7. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thank you! The poster is going to be hard to sell - I love that one (I grew up in South Beach and went up & down Collins Ave every day).

Thanks everyone!

charlie cheswick likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted