Featured ANY INFO ON PAINTING'S ARTIST "HAMILTON" + DOES IT CHANGE COLOR IN SUNLIGHT?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Nov 21, 2017.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I bought this from a large (100-200) group of mid century paintings donated to a local veteran supporter thrift store. It is signed HAMILTON, but there are so many Hamilton's when I googled it that I can't tell which one may have painted my piece.
    Also - it seems to turn/be more blue in sunlight than when I took a photo of it inside my house w/flash & afternoon light coming in!
    1st photo is inside house & 2nd is outside (same order with close ups) - the flash painting looks almost dirty & the sunlight painting looks almost too blue!
    Is this common?
    As always I appreciate any help.
    Thanks

AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING THRIFT STORE HAMILTON 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING THRIFT STORE HAMILTON 1AAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING THRIFT STORE HAMILTON 2AAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING THRIFT STORE HAMILTON 2AAAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING THRIFT STORE HAMILTON 3AA.jpg

judy, Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

The best light for photographs is natural light on an overcast day. Bright sunlight is to harsh and the flash can changes colors depending on they type of flash and intensity.

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

There do seem to be a lot of Hamilton painters, don't know which either. It took me a minute but those are trains right? Maybe as a signed railroad painting it would have value even if which Hamilton isn't known.

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Well look at that! Cool!

6. journeymagazine

verybrad! THAT was good! :joyful:

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I am a fan of Monet's industrial/railroad paintings so recognized it immediately. Did have to look it up for proper name attribution.

Figtree3 and BoudiccaJones like this.
  8. A West

A West New Member

I just purchased an oil painting (Salvation Army) with this same artist signature.

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

10. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Astounding amount of original art kicking around Miami.I'm shamefully envious ! Must be some extraordinary mid-century stuff.Do you take your phone to these sales & stores for signature research ?

11. journeymagazine

I go to 2 local thrift stores Mon - Fri (and the first I go 1 hour - 90 minutes before they open because my friend is the manager & as long as they are unloading donation trucks - which is almost every morning - he lets me go in early & get first look/choice of the new art & other stuff!) - I always take my phone to try to get an idea of somethings value, who made it etc...
    But I like old & unusual which means I bring most here to find out if I have anything good!

12. bosko69

Journey-Ah ha,You have the precious 'inside track' Amigo ! Treat Your friend as the rare 'lost ark',a holy relationship.One I wouldn't kill for, but might pray for.Hopefully You have return privileges for the duds.

13. journeymagazine

No way! Thrifts here are no returns or refunds; they're selling used donated things - condition could be anything.

14. bosko69

Only thing better than having a bud w/ 2 thrift stores (for a Picker),would be drinking from the Grail and gaining immortality,and mastering time travel.
    Yet as the Grail Knight says-'But choose wisely, for while the true Grail will bring you life, the false Grail will take it from you.'
    Which simply means,in a short hundred years with diligent study- you and I will be competent art pickers !

journeymagazine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted