ANY INFO ON UNSIGNED MIXED MEDIA PAINTINGS OF STARVING WOMAN & CHILD - BRUTAL & BEAUTIFUL

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, May 7, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found these 2 paintings at my local thrift store today They are stunning - as in take your breath away. They are a mixed media; there have a string that outlines the bodies & the ribs, that really stand out.
    They are on simple canvas with simple frames; 4 pieces of wood nailed together - giving them a primitive look, like they were made somewhere people might be starving.
    What I don't understand is that as stunning as they are, they aren't signed. Why wouldn't the artist sign them?
    Any ideas or thoughts on who did these? Or if they were for a gallery show or props or?
    Any thoughts on them? - I've never seen anything like them?
    Thank you
    AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING STARVING 1A_AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING STARVING 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING STARVING 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING STARVING 4AAaaa.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING STARVING 4AA.jpg

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

They are powerful,but I dont think I could look at them every day.

3. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

They remind me of the Biafra Aids crisis which gave rise to the "Live Aid" concert(s) in the 1980s by well-know (rock) musicians.

4. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

My guess would be probably college student art. Judging by the canvas it looks like these were done 4 or 5 years ago.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

My parent embedded in me not to ever waste food because people were starving in the world and would love to have what you throw away.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Boy do I remember my mom saying that - especially when we had brussel sprouts!

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted