Featured ANY INFO ON VINTAGE ORNATE LAMPS w/GLASS CRYSTALS & POT METAL(?) EDGES

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Mar 5, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Hi all
    I bought these 2 lamps + the small matching chandelier from a friend who found them in a storage unit won at auction for $35 total.
    I'm pretty sure the rods hanging all around are glass, but the metal work must be pot metal because it's easily bent.
    There was a sticker on the bottom that said Made in germany.
    Any info/thoughts on age, where made, value, etc.. would be greatly appreciated.
    Did I do good - or should I go back to picking paintings?!
    Thank you!

FURNITURE LAMP GERMANY PAIR GLASS CRYSTALS 1AAzz.jpg FURNITURE LAMP GERMANY PAIR GLASS CRYSTALS 2AAZZZ.jpg FURNITURE LAMP GERMANY PAIR GLASS CRYSTALS 3AAZZZ.jpg FURNITURE LAMP GERMANY PAIR GLASS CRYSTALS 4AAZZZ.jpg FURNITURE LAMP GERMANY PAIR GLASS CRYSTALS 6AAZZZ.jpg FURNITURE LAMP GERMANY PAIR GLASS CRYSTALS 7AAZZ.jpg

2. journeymagazine

This is the label that was in the box, but since it says This is not a toy - maybe it's not the label for these lamps?

FURNITURE LAMP GERMANY PAIR GLASS CRYSTALS 9AA.jpg FURNITURE LAMP GERMANY PAIR GLASS CRYSTALS 8AA.jpg

3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I love them.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  4. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  5. journeymagazine

Don't know what he paid for unit - I paid him $35 for lamps (+3 Anna Nicole Smith Playboy magazines also found in unit!)

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  6. flipper

So you basically got them for free! They are tough to search for...but you did good. Tons better than the Cezanne-ish student pieces:joyful:
    They are different from one another. Different bases, slightly different color in the metal...but definitely unique.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  7. journeymagazine

They are different in that the bottom of one is white as shown & other is black, I didn't see any other differences,
    Those glass rods are Murano?

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Well, I'm happy to say I'm GLAD I WON'T be the one cleaning those glass RODS.......EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since your investment was minimal, you shouldn't go too far wrong, but it does look like one base was replaced, although that could be the light??

9. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Judging by the wire it appears to be from the 60s/70s. I dont think it's as old as it appears to be.

10. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Also the table lamps both have different bases.

11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Journey, Please show a prong up photo, any writing on the plug.

12. journeymagazine

Says ASSEMBLED IN MEXICO, pat pend (with a letter S) and something about using a screwdriver in each slot to remove cover?
    Flash too bright to show it in photo

13. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

14. journeymagazine

Here is photo - best I could clear up

FURNITURE LAMP GERMANY PAIR GLASS CRYSTALS 9BAAA.jpg

15. journeymagazine

So do I call them Liberty lamps?
    Would this be OK? - "Complete set (2 table lamps + small chandelier) vintage Liberty lamps w/Murano glass rods"

Also, is it pot metal or spelter? And what do you call the metal part ...trim?
    Thanks all!

16. flipper

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  17. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I'll take two of them

18. flipper

19. journeymagazine

Thanks flipper! if it was any other site besides 1stdibs I'd be passed out on the floor(!) - 1stdibs always has sky high expensive prices - but now I know what it is & what to call them! - thanks flipper!

What's the stem (that's turned)? Do you think they are otherwise the same - or maybe 1 is brass gilt like 1stdibs & 1 potmetal - the gilt/trim does look darker in photos? I'll take more photos from different angles when I have them outside for my estate/garage sale tomorrow

PS - Thanks flipper!

20. flipper

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted