Any thoughts on cool, palette style painting - w/possibly a signature?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, May 12, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

This is 1 of 3 paintings I found at a thrift store today; I can't tell if that's a signature in the lower left corner (4th & 5th photo) - looks almost like Nate (you can see what looks like a Y that's taller than the rest?
    Any thoughts on the painting would be appreciated - the sticker on the back of the frame doesn't make it a factory painting does it; maybe they took out the old painting & used frame for this one - or it's for the frame style??

ART PAINTING HORSE PALLETT 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING HORSE PALLETT 2AAA.JPG ART PAINTING HORSE PALLETT 3A_AA.JPG ART PAINTING HORSE PALLETT 3AA.JPG ART PAINTING HORSE PALLETT 3BAA.JPG
    ART PAINTING HORSE PALLETT 8AA.JPG ART PAINTING HORSE PALLETT 8AAA.JPG

moreotherstuff likes this.
  2. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

kind of an artistic style like a cross between Degas and Chagall with a little bit of Gauguin for good measure. Sticker on the frame makes me think factory painting, but that is only a guess. I kind of like it ( said many BEFORE Van Gogh killed himself ) Of course , after he died they were masterpieces.. Sadly the story of many artist, but I digress......... I do not see any signature , possibly circle what you are seeing ?

That's my take based on the best third grade art teacher a kid could ever have ( Thank You Miss LaTandresse, you were wonderful) with some High School art history and College art history thrown in the mix. I still have not found my Renoir out in the wild at a second hand store!

Oh, and it has a 70's vibe to me , not unlike the factory matador and bull painting my Aunt had ...loved that painting, wonder who has it now ?

Draft saved Draft deleted