Any thoughts on this figurine?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by LovesVintage, Sep 19, 2020.

1. LovesVintage

LovesVintage reader of books and tea leaves

IMG_0495.jpg He doesn't look like anything special to me, which tells me perhaps he is? LOL. Any thoughts on possible maker, age?

Thank you! IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg

2. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Looks like Hummel figurine, maybe a copy as there is no marking and sticker remains tells me it’s newer.

Christmasjoy, Lucille.b and Sandra like this.
  3. LovesVintage

LovesVintage reader of books and tea leaves

Hm. It's been sitting on a shelf in my mother's house for at least four decades, probably more. Many of the items that came from my grandmother's house had masking tape labels on the bottom...most of them are now illegible or peeled off. Are Hummels ever unmarked? Any other clues I can look for?

4. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

All Hummels I have seen had marking. Let’s wait to hear from experts. It could be made in Japan in 60s or 70s. That’s that I meant by newer :happy:

Christmasjoy and Sandra like this.
  5. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Also, I see some traces of the blue ink on the bottom. Google Erich Stauffer figurines, take a look.

Christmasjoy, Sandra and LovesVintage like this.
  6. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Arnart sold Hummel look-alike figurine with a crown label designed by German artist Erich Stauffer. Arnart was big importers of cheap Japansese goods in the 1950’s and 60’s, which also with a crown label.I have one of those 13713AE9-091A-41EE-9989-7D888FB30321.jpeg 41B8675A-2316-4169-A45A-1CC1B633DF76.jpeg

Christmasjoy, Lucille.b and Sandra like this.
  7. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Hope this helps. Mine is not worth much, maybe $6 but I love it unconditionally, and I have somewhere matching girl. Need to find it. Hmm where did I put it...

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted