ANYBODY ABLE TO QUICKLY IDENTIFY THIS COMPANY ???? FOR THE FRIEND...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Aquitaine, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

There's a whole vase that goes with it, but haven't finished editing the images yet....she's asking for a quick id of the company.....what the devil is the first letter of the company on the bottom curve????????????????????? THANKS!!! (If you know!!!!) It's The Ovington 'something' Company on a Germany bottle/vase......which I'll post soon...BTW, that's a darkened, enhanced and inverted image.....

STRANGE COMPANY.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

clothers................

3. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

First letter looks to me like it wants to be a B.

5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Yes.

komokwa and charlie cheswick like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

7. Aquitaine

image00234-1.jpg

image00356-1.jpg

image000578.jpg SHEESH....you might have hit it right on the head.....Thank you Komo!!!! So before I totally jump IN, I'm posting the images now as I JUST finished them....it appears to be a German bottle/vase??? Doesn't appear to be old if the date is Dec 5, 81??? But what does the 'Depose' mean?? Again, THANK YOU ALL!!!!

8. charlie cheswick

9. charlie cheswick

More like 1881 I would think

10. Aquitaine

Really......I wasn't thinking that old, charlie!!! THAT would be nice for her (my friend!!):) The finish on Marie seems to be in rough shape if you get a close look........kind of like she's got chicken pox....

antidiem and charlie cheswick like this.
  11. charlie cheswick

From what I read they were done for by 1926

i need help likes this.
  12. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Depose is similar to registered, I believe. Very pretty vase.

13. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Yes, very pretty! Hope whomever she is - can score it! ;)

i need help likes this.
  14. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Stylistically, I'd put this much later than 1881 - definitely 20thc IMO, nice work though ...I'd guess at 1920's

could "Dec" 581 be something other than December, perhaps decorator?

The shop was still going in the 50's apparently

15. i need help

I see what you mean. Maybe someone knows what caused it, or has a cure. 27BE7A14-F978-44DD-A99F-03499B9D54D9.jpeg

16. Aquitaine

So what could she use for "key" words for say, ebay or Etsy to hunt up a value?
    And I think she got it from a 'house clean out'.....I keep telling her to get on here herself.....claims to be too busy.....says she signed up, but I don't know as who!!!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  17. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Could those spots just be dirt? One would think if there was any degradation, the gilding rather than the enamel would be first to suffer ..if it were mine I would try cleaning it very gingerly, possible finding some of the same spots if possible in the hair and going at it with a q-tip ..start with dish soap and then solvents if that doesn't do it. Enamels will not be affected, they are glass after all.

18. i need help

The beehive is usually Royal Vienna.

charlie cheswick likes this.
  19. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Vienna - porcelain - plaque - vase for starters

20. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted