Anybody up on their Leerdam Glass?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by desperate_fun, Jul 28, 2018.

1. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

A friend of mine is looking for some info on this Leerdam Vase. He has posted it on a couple other sites and I offered to post it here. This is what he knows so far

I have had this for many years and have never really found out much about it. It is 16.5 inches tall and 3.5 inches in diameter at the base. It has a flat ground and polished base, with a finely polished pontil mark. The mouth, which is approx 1 inch in diameter is fire polished. I struggled to get an image of the underside, as it appears to have been signed with a diamond point and the marking is very fine. It appears to be marked Leerdam 21-1060 at the edge of the polished pontil mark, and then there is also an M in the middle of the pontil mark.

I am interested in knowing what I can about it, such as scarcity, designer/artist, time frame, etc. I have had the piece for around 18 years now, and have not located anything other than some similar style pieces through the years, but nothing in the same form or with the same markings.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

LD1.jpg

LD2.jpg

LD3.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Its gorgeous!

judy likes this.
  3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

desperate_fun and judy like this.
  4. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

My buddy managed to get a little more info from another collector.

I have been told in another group that the vase is a Floris Meydam design for Leerdam. The M in the middle of the pontil indicates Floris Meydam.

Draft saved Draft deleted