Anyone have any information about this clay tea set?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by DylanH, Jul 1, 2018.

1. DylanH

DylanH New Member

I recently found this heavy hand-etched and painted tea set, and despite my efforts, I haven’t been able to find any information about its age, origin, value, or really anything at all. Anyone know anything? image1.jpg image2.jpg image3.jpg image4.jpg image5.jpg

2. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

It looks like a Japanese tea set. Many Japanese items have the red crowned crane on them. They are a symbol of long life. Is it made of clay?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. DylanH

DylanH New Member

Yes, some really dense, heavy clay. It reminds me of the yixing zisha teapots, but the color might be too gray to be that.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers DylanH!

5. DylanH

DylanH New Member

Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted