Anyone heard of artist Amy Lynn? I have a original but only find glicees?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jun 10, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this painting yesterday at the thrift store; when I googled the artist Amy Lynn I found a lot on her ( amy lynn painting - Bing images ) and a lot of limited edition signed/numbered pieces for $1,100 or more (Amy Lynn Handsigned and Numbered Limited Edition Gallery Wrapped Giclee on Canvas:"Tea Party" - Amy Lynn (gallerydirectart.com )
    But I only found 2 of her paintings that sold/were for sale - on MutualArt - and you have to have a premium membership to see the prices.
    Has anyone seen any of her paintings? (I like how they used thick wood & wrapped the painting around all the edges - almost like an infinity pool!)
    If the glicees are so expensive, any suggestions on what to ask for her painting? It measures 12" x 9" x 2.5" so it's smaller than the 2 glicees I looked up - they were both 18" x 24" (although if changed onto a flat backing in a regular frame the 2.5" on each side would add 5" total to H & W making it 17" x 14"?)

I also bought the 2nd piece - I thought it was a Chinese stamp under the signature but the name looks like Buffy - definitely not an Asian name, but the scene looks like it could be a Chinese woodblock print or such, right?
    Does anyone know who the artist (Buffy?) is?

Thank you for any help/thoughts!

ART PAINTING AMY LYNN PAINTING OLUM WINE 12 x 9 x 3 & HALF 2AA.jpg
    ART PAINTING AMY LYNN PAINTING OLUM WINE 12 x 9 x 3 & HALF 3AA.jpg ART PAINTING AMY LYNN PAINTING OLUM WINE 12 x 9 x 3 & HALF 5AA.jpg ART PAINTING AMY LYNN PAINTING OLUM WINE 12 x 9 x 3 & HALF 6AA.jpg ART PAINTING AMY LYNN PAINTING OLUM WINE 12 x 9 x 3 & HALF 7AA.jpg ART PAINTING AMY LYNN PAINTING OLUM WINE 12 x 9 x 3 & HALF 8AA.jpg

ART PAINTING BUFFY 1AA.jpg ART PAINTING BUFFY 1ABAA.jpg ART PAINTING BUFFY 2AA.jpg

Figtree3 and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

No I googled Amy Lynn artist and got links above - so much for my new roof!
    Thank you say_it_slowly; have a great weekend!

say_it_slowly likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Draft saved Draft deleted