Featured Anyone Here Familiar With Antique Bottles? Olive Green Beer Bottle? Age?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by jakes vintage, Mar 1, 2019.

1. jakes vintage

jakes vintage Well-Known Member

Picked this up today at a local estate sale hidden away. For a $1 I figured it wasn't a bad gamble, I got another but this one looks way older. They both had tape on the bottom I'm guessing when and where they were found both marked Florida, Homestead 1964. No seams from what I can tell looks hand blown but I'm no expert by any means any help on age and what it was used for would be greatly appreciated! TIA!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like a wine bottle....but I couldn't rule out olive oil either.....

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

then again......it hit me that i've drank from this before....so maybe...

upload_2019-3-1_19-54-2.jpeg

1957 bottle...

upload_2019-3-1_19-57-5.jpeg

judy, Ghopper1924 and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I think @coreya knows bottles.

5. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

dgbjwc, judy, Ghopper1924 and 6 others like this.
  6. RckHolt

RckHolt New Member

it's a nice old one. That sloppy top and the stretch lines on the neck are the indicators. I would say 1870s. Since there is no embossing, it can't be easily identified and is a generic spirits bottle. I would say wine. Its value lies in the age and the flaws. I would value at $15 to $25.

Draft saved Draft deleted