Anyone in SE Mass?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Marie Forjan, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi Joolies, nothing much going on here and I’m starved for good shopping!

Has anyone been to the Raynham flea market, is it worth going? I am looking for antiques and their web site doesn’t list them.

I thought I would check here before driving over an hour to shop there :)

judy and KingofThings like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

If you decide to go I'd be interested in hearing what it's like. DD just moved a bit north of Boston and when I go visit this would be just a short jog out my way.

3. Marie Forjan

I'll let you know. Their web site has lots of photos but they are terrible! I can't tell what the dealers are selling. I would hate to go and find only tube socks and bungee cords :zombie:

4. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

@Marie Forjan , depending on where you are starting from, you might want to check out the Rt 9 Flea Market in Shrewsbury MA (open Sat and Sun with $2 admission). There are lots of tube socks and even more knock offs, but there is a good amount of vintage and antiques also. Plus rummage boxes...I love to rummage :O)

5. Marie Forjan

Thanks wenna, but I am on the Cape so that is a 2-1/2 hour drive for me :inpain:

But maybe I can combine that with visiting my sister in VT, that's a thought!

wenna, judy and KingofThings like this.
  6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Can you get new fleas there?
    Mine are due to soon retire from the circus grind.
    :wideyed::eek::woot::rolleyes:

judy likes this.
  7. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

I've been a couple times. The indoors, which is I think the only part open in the winter, is worth a look and has a lot of stands but I don't think I bought anything there since its higher price and dealers of one kind or another. The outdoors which I believe is summer only (check online to be sure) includes people cleaning out their houses and I did buy a few things there. If it were closer to me I'd go more often, but if it convenient for you then by all means give it a shot - there is some old stuff for sure - I got a pair of late 18th early 19th century andirons and a couple other pieces.

say_it_slowly, judy and KingofThings like this.
  8. Marie Forjan

Thank you Jeff!

KingofThings likes this.
  9. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Marie - next time you're going on a shopping spree on a weekend, call me. I have cabin fever.

Aquitaine likes this.
  10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Who KNEW.....practically in my back yard, and it's the first I've heard of it!!!! I DO LOVE to LOOOOOOK!!!!!

wenna likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted