Anyone know baseballs?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Brywil1970, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Brywil1970

Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

trying to figure out the age of this baseball to see if I need to investigate the Ty Cobb signature on it.

TIA, Bryan 86D2924A-7D28-42C9-AD83-55E6ECDBDA0D.jpeg

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

Thanks for the referral, INH. Again, this one's a little outside our extremely narrow area of alleged-but-unconfirmed "expertise," but for starters, Bryan, we'd need more and better photos before we could give any sort of assessment. If there's any signature on the ball, we can't see it in that photo. We can say, going by the stitching, that the ball is definitely post-1930s. But Cobb lived until 1961 and was always an accommodating signer. We'd have to do some research (or more likely just ask some other collectors of our on-line acquaintance) if anything more can be determined just from the Reach logo. But more photos, please, fer sher!

Bakersgma, Jivvy, Phaik Hooi and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted