Anyone know more?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Gardnergirl, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Gardnergirl

Gardnergirl New Member

I have one small item I'd like to start with which I know nothing about. I've done lots of searching online but no joy. It has a small gold mark on the base (nothing indentifiable, to me anyway). Unfortunately I don't have a photo of the marking (yet), just the piece itself which I've attached. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• 201A.jpg
      201A.jpg
      File size:
      772.5 KB
      Views:
    Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE IT !!!! ... Joy. :)

judy likes this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi GardnerGirl............

Welcome to Antiquers.............:cat:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

If it was "sugar coated" I'd think Snow babies..............

Probably from Germany.

6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing Judy.
    Great minds think alike.

judy and anundverkaufen like this.
  7. Gardnergirl

Gardnergirl New Member

Thanks folks. I've attached a photo of the marking underneath, looks like a little gold dinosaur or Loch Ness! I have a feeling its of no age....I will look into snow babies, thank you. 2764A.jpg

8. Gardnergirl

Gardnergirl New Member

Have to say I'm struggling with the snow babies but what do I know?!?! They just don't look like anything I've googled (snow babies). Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

judy likes this.
  9. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I don't think you will find it under Snow Babies. It is reminicent of them in my opinion, and Pearl's too as she posted.

Snow Babies actually are actually coated with a substance one might think is sugar.

They are adorable, and come in many sizes.

Being that your figure is white, I do think they are to represent "snowy" months.

I looked for the post by Debora suggesting they are brownies.....(pointed hoods) but I can't find it in this thread....perhaps there is another related thread.

I don't know the mark.

Sorry this post comes a day later, but I was gone all day yesterday.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Gardnergirl and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. Gardnergirl

Gardnergirl New Member

Thanks Judy, I'm grateful for a reply anytime.Thanks for the further explanation, much appreciated. I'd never heard of them before.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted