Anyone know teacups/saucers? Adderlys LTD Ripon

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Such a vibrant yellow, usually I don't buy teacups/saucers for resale but before I knew what I was doing, grabbed this set at the GW.

It seems like certain "Ripon" teacups sell pretty well, but I'm confused about how to list this. Is the manufacturer "Adderlys" or "Ripon"?

Any prayer for the style name? Both pieces are numbered 05526.

Last but not least, the cup has some what I would call "manufacturing defects". Just a few paint (?) spots or something. Under the glaze for sure. See last photo. Is there a better term than manufacturing defect? It really is pretty minor but feel I need to mention it if selling.

Thanks for taking a look.
    cup1.jpg cup1b.jpg cup4b.jpg cup4c.jpg
    Here are the paint (?) spots. A few more not shown to the left as well.

cup9.jpg

Christmasjoy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Adderly is the maker
    Ripon is the pattern

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

i always just called those manufacturing defects.
    Wish there was a nicer term for it, it's so minor.

4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thank you Cluttered and Anti! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted