Anyone know what this art is called?

Discussion in 'Art' started by gabatgh, Jun 15, 2021.

  1. gabatgh

    gabatgh Active Member

    So I already know that this type of image goes all the way back to Victorian times. It can be described as risque, and called an optical illusion. I've been looking, searching, to try and find out if it has an actual name for the style.

    judy likes this.
  2. Fid

    Fid Well-Known Member

    what you mean is probably "risqué".
    no mark on the bottom ?
    judy likes this.
  3. gabatgh

    gabatgh Active Member

    Risque, risqué, potato, potato :D. No, there's no mark on the bottom, not that it matters. This type of image has been on celluloid backed mirrors, trade cards, even found in old newspapers ads.
    judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: Anyone called
Forum Title Date
Art Does anyone know an artist called 'M James'? May 6, 2020
Art Does anyone recognize this artist? Sunday at 7:26 AM
Art Does anyone recognize this artist? Jul 28, 2021
Art Does anyone know the artists or value of these batiks? Jul 19, 2021
Art Anyone read Russian? Fine oil painting Jul 14, 2021

Share This Page