Anyone recognise the glaze on this tray

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miscstuff, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Thought it might have been local (Australia) but it doesn't quite fit what they did. It is impressed with "4003" underneath and that kind of suggests England or Germany might be players. Any suggestions who might be the manufacturer?
    Note: I had to brighten up the bottom image to see the number so the wear pattern can't be seen.
    Data
    11cm x 11cm x 4.5cm High, 0.2Kg
    Cheers
    Stephen

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The flower is an edelweiss, so I would be inclined to think a country with an Alpine connection.;) Maybe you thought of an Aussie flannel flower?

Edelweiss:
    [​IMG]

MIRED, judy, patd8643 and 1 other person like this.
  3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Maybe there's a Matt Munro connection?

judy likes this.
  4. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Haven't had enough coffee yet to figure out the connection.:bag:

5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, my lame attempt a joke from bygone days ..Matt Munro was a crooner back in 60's Britain and had a mumsy hit with the song ..."Eidelweiss" - at least I think it was Matt Munro. Carry on!

edit: Not Matt Munro, Vince Hill. I winced every time it came on the radio.

Draft saved Draft deleted