Anyone recognize these old mugs?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dude, Dec 20, 2019.

1. dude

dude Well-Known Member

The one with the splotchy colors that put me in mind of graniteware is about 3.25" high, 5.25" wide (to outside handle) and weighs about a lb. The one that is sort of a solid hibiscus red color is about 3.50" high, and also 5.25" wide and a lb. I'm curious if anyone on here can identify them.
    IMG_20181124_125330.jpg IMG_20181124_125341.jpg IMG_20181124_125333.jpg IMG_20181124_125443.jpg IMG_20181124_125454.jpg

2. necollectors

necollectors Well-Known Member

Pottery class?

dude likes this.
  3. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Lol!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Try Bybee for the BB mark.

5. dude

dude Well-Known Member

How does one remove a post in here, by the way?

6. necollectors

necollectors Well-Known Member

Yup....It seems a bit cruder than most Bybee but the sponge paint mug seems to be...Bybee is a pottery out of Kentucky.

dude likes this.
  7. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

You have to ask a moderator to do it for you.

i need help and dude like this.
  8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I think the solid pink one may be Bybee also.

i need help and dude like this.
  9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

If it is your post and the EDIT button is still showing. You can go in erase everything as just say - "Deleted." Nice to explain why.

judy and i need help like this.
  10. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Looks like one can remove what he or she wrote, but not others' reactions, which often include quotes of what was the poster originally said.

judy likes this.
  11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

As WBD said, you would have to tag a moderator to delete a thread.
    It might help someone in the future to have this reference......
    But I don’t know your reason for wanting to delete. :)

judy and dude like this.
  12. clutteredcloset49

Correct.
    If you feel the person responded in an inappropriate way, there is a Report button. However, if it is just because they quoted you and you changed your mind about what you wrote, that isn't really a reason to report them.

judy, dude and i need help like this.
  13. dude

dude Well-Known Member

It's not about reporting anyone but about reconsidering TMI my part.

judy likes this.
  14. clutteredcloset49

Don't know what TMI means.

If you go back and delete your post and someone has already quoted it, you can post a response that says you changed your mind and why. Happens quite frequently.

dude likes this.
  15. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Yes but it seems the poster is at the mercy of others as far as what they said or quoted. I posted some comments on another site (nothing to do with antiques) a while back. Changed my mind about keeping what I said public and simply deleted the entire thread. Since I was the initiator/original poster, all comments were gone. Wish that option were available here, but it is what it is.

judy likes this.
  16. clutteredcloset49

The thing is this is a learning site - so taking away others responses that might be corrections to what you have stated doesn't help the rest of us learn.

There have been times I have responded and later been proven wrong. Not only do I learn but so do others who come along later and read the thread.

There are also times when I have been extremely tired, not liked how someone commented and blasted them. Things get a little out of hand, steam gets blown off. Others chime in - but hey that's life. We spout off in person too.

If in doubt about what you are posting and afraid it will be in public, then think twice before you post.

There are a lot of personalities here. For the most part we get along well. If there is someone who irritates you, there is an ignore button.

cxgirl, judy and i need help like this.
  17. wiscbirddog

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    dude and i need help like this.
  18. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

If there is something of a matter you don’t want to be displayed online, you can post in the General Forum. It is only seen by other members, but we do have members joining all the time.
    You can also Private Message another Member you trust, if it’s Top Secret. :happy:

In General, the Forum works very well as a group, so this is usually the best Format to use.

dude likes this.
  19. wiscbirddog

cxgirl, dude and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  20. clutteredcloset49

Thank you, I never would have figured that one out.

cxgirl, wiscbirddog and dude like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted