Featured Anyone recognize this mark?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cfh, Mar 12, 2022.

1. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

Thanks in advance! 53DE64E7-4393-48BA-932F-AE6CC4BB83FB.jpeg D5E682B4-D231-4982-A83C-1FA0E99359B4.jpeg A09A36E1-328D-4826-8C2B-1D388E54D78C.jpeg

Aquitaine, judy and lovewrens like this.
  2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Rookwood Pottery

aaroncab, Aquitaine, sabre123 and 9 others like this.
  3. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

It’s also dated 1931, the shape number 6192 and has the Louise Abel cipher (the A in a circle). Nice box!

Aquitaine, sabre123, judy and 4 others like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that is fricken cool.....

the bi-plane...steamship
    waves and rising sun...........fantastic...
    what's on the 3rd side ????? ......... car??/.

is this still Art Deco......or has it moved to Nouveau...???

judy and cfh like this.
  5. cfh

cfh Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!!! 6C7B0D60-9F49-4E0B-A47F-D76E89D5F862.jpeg I found it at an estate sale this morning. Makes sense that it is rookwood, because I found a yearbook in the closet from a Cincinnati high school. Yay! My first piece of Rookwood 6C7B0D60-9F49-4E0B-A47F-D76E89D5F862.jpeg

judy likes this.
  6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

there is a third possibilty that it is " after" Italian futurismo; everything strong, machine-driven etc. was per se beautiful to them.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurism

7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

J Dagger, komokwa, Fid and 1 other person like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

funny...with the green one , I don't see the ship anymore.....industry,,,,of a sort.

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

VERY COOL images!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

cool, but also tragic. many members were falling into the Fascist camp when it came to politics.
    that's something still amazing to me - the difference of art in Germany and Italy. in Italy art stayed free to a very big extent; there was nothing "entartet" or Un-Italian. I was astonished when I saw cities like Sabaudia, Aprilia, Latina, Pontinia. I visited them when living a few months south of Rome by motorcycle during 20 years in springtime and fall. they are still very functional and remind a bit of Bauhaus.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted