Featured Anyone recognize this pot ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bosko69, Dec 8, 2023.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Here's a 6" wdth by 3 1/2" ht tall pot.I've checked Niloak,Nemaji & Garden of the Gods sites-haven't found a match yet.There could be the trace of a black oval base stamp,but w/ all the swirls & marbling-who knows ? Any help's much appreciated-thanks.

swirl pot.jpg
    swirl pot3.jpg
    swirl pot 2.jpg
    The suspected logo stamp-
    swirl pot 3.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I like the way the handles twist !!

Chinoiserie and stracci like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not any of the swirled clay pots so that rules out Niloak, Evans, and Desert Sands. The exterior has a cold-painted oil and water coating. Most like Garden of the Gods or Broadmoor, though some early Nemadji is similar. The sheen to the exterior makes me think Ozark Skag. None seem to be an exact match and none are particularly known to do handles like this.

Figtree3, trip98, Chinoiserie and 2 others like this.
  4. bosko69

I like those peculiar handles too.Vbrad- that's the finish, 'cold-painted oil and water coating'.I'll have to probe for some smaller regional potters or European ?

Chinoiserie and stracci like this.
  5. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Torhout pottery from Belgium did similar twisted handles and bright colours, but I cant find anything similar in design to this by them. Maybe another Belgian pottery produced it?

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. bosko69

Nice clue Chinoi-thanks !

Chinoiserie likes this.
  7. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Okay. I might be completely wrong though. Also seen French items with similar handles.

8. bosko69

It def has an Art Nouveau twist to it,French & Belgian are in the hunt.
    PS-here's one of my favorite 'whiplash' vases (Archibald Knox for Liberty)-
    Whiplash.jpg

Chinoiserie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted