Anyone see anything good in this estate sale?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by evelyb30, Jul 28, 2021.

1. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Sorry Ruth, some estate sale runners have to learn the hard way, if they ever do.

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they make life miserable for everyone else while they do. If they do, and this guy's been at it a while. He's from the 203 area code part of the state, and maybe New York area estate sale runners can get away with that. Dunno. No intentions of finding out.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Some NY estate sale runners have high prices and some don't. One estate sale runner that used to a fave of mine has now decided to jack up prices too high. So I limit how and if I go to him. But I know his helper so sometimes I can get a better price from him. This guy is a dead ringer for one of my brothers.

There are a few estate sale runner that have been charging so much for so long, no one goes to them really. I have no idea how they stay in biz or what they do with the stuff after it does not sell.. There is a good sale coming up soon, but unfortunately it is being run by people who think the stuff is made of gold so their prices are high. But last time I went to them, I heard them change their tune and say well how much do you want to pay for it after that person said no to the initial price.

4. evelyb30

Maybe at least one is growing a brain? This one said he has a warehouse in Stamford or similar where he sells stuff and probably brings the leftovers down there. Maybe the prices are better there since he knows it darned well won't sell for what he originally wanted.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. Doot Boi

Doot Boi Well-Known Member

LOL, it was the same kinda shit I put up with one over an hour away! If that was a Blue Moon Estate sale, I'd say it's safe to boycott them till the current higher ups are given a talking to about being stuck up assholes with higher than online prices.

6. evelyb30

This "gentleman" was from Fairfield County if memory serves. Maybe New Yorkers put up with that sort of behavior?

Come to find out there was a friendly street-wide tag sale one town north of here that started about when the estate sale did. The prices were high-ish on some things and most things for sale were newer, but the people were a lot happier.

Draft saved Draft deleted