Featured ANYONE SPEAK RUSSIAN? SIGNED RUSSIAN NESTING DOLL INFO PLEASE

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jan 20, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me about this doll? It says something on the bottom that ends with the date 1995.
    Do they have designer nesting dolls in Russian?
    PS - The store wrote the price in sharpie on wood - it's there for ever, right? (I've tried nail polish remover & magic eraser)
    I appreciate any help.
    AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY DOLL NESTING RUSSIAN 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY DOLL NESTING RUSSIAN 1AAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY DOLL NESTING RUSSIAN 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY DOLL NESTING RUSSIAN 4BAAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY DOLL NESTING RUSSIAN 3AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY DOLL NESTING RUSSIAN 5AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY DOLL NESTING RUSSIAN 6AA.jpg

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I can't help you with the Russian, but you may want to try Bartenders Keeper with a q-tip on the number to try to remove it. I had success with that on a few items. Just try it out very sparingly at first so you don't damage the dolls.
    They are adorable. I had a set many many years ago.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

they have EVERY nesting doll in Russia !
    You could spot sand the price, but these are from 1995....so there are 2,28,754 more of these.....so selling these at that price probably works !

aaroncab, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

If you sell them, be sure to include the term pyrography.
    They are cute. Although the second last picture gave me a sinking feeling.:confused:

7. Natasha

Natasha Well-Known Member

Hello journeymagzine,
    The set you have is typical tourist stuff, especially when it has tourist attrections depicted. On the bottom there is name of the artist O.Afonina, then the name of the town where is was made Sergiev Posad (Figtree3 is correct). In early 20 century this town was considered "toy capital of Russia". At present most of the manufactures are still functioning. Then it comes 7 pieces (means in the set), and 1995 (year of production).
    P.S. Old nesting dolls from this place are pretty collectible and they are expensive.

8. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thank You
    This site is incredible!

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted