Are these danner boots from wwii era?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Kassy, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Kassy

Kassy New Member

Just wondering if these danner boots are form wwii era? Does anyone have an idea how old they are?

The embossed logo is completely worn off on one boot, lots of corrosion, cobwebs inside, and musty smell. They have wooden heels/vibram soles, and feel/look like theyve been sitting somewhere for decades. But i cant find any info for this style of danner.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't know and my only Danner were hiking boots. It's hard to see much in your photo but the wood heels sound interesting. Do they have any information on the inside? What does the wood heel look like?

(You should see my boots after a season of muddy work outside, they look ancient)

Anyway, here are some modern kiltie types from their website.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  3. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

I don't know myself, but agree with @say_it_slowly on the wood heels.

Maybe this blog has clues? A search turned up 6 entries for different Danners.

Basecamp vintage

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  4. Kassy

Kassy New Member

@say_it_slowly @scoutshouse Thanks for the replies, i took those with my phone, i forgot i took these earlier.

Yeah i agree. I was also intrigued by the vibram stamp, i tried looking through as many vintage danner boots as i could, and it seemed like the big stamps like these are vintage, but i had difficulties finding any quite like this? Also the boot appear to have leather shoe laces. Not sure if thats a clue or not? The leather material feels like its deteriorating, im not sure if maybe that could also happen from not storing them properly in a damp area? The lining has no information. If it did, it was a basic stamp that faded, no label or anything.

I also looked at that site earlier lol. I couldnt find anything too useful there unfortunately.

Attached Files:

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Any Jewelry, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  6. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

Does anyone else think that the 'wooden' heels could actually be stacked leather heels?

7. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

That would be typical for quality vintage shoes of any kind. Maybe take another look, @Kassy ...

You rock!

Hi @quirkygirl - been a while!

8. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

I own a pair of vintage combat boots (I think they were Vietnam era) and a pair of Prada hiking boots, both with the gold Vibram label.

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That's what it looks like.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted