Featured Are U a NEW MEMBER, just found this site,LOOK HERE 1st ....

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by komokwa, Apr 10, 2024.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

We're a little old school when it comes to PHOTO's...... but we want to see yours in the best light........ so here's the deal......:happy::happy:;)

You might want to copy and save this for reference for a while....it helps when you're new!!!:rolleyes:

For Future reference, when posting images:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

As an added note, when you have your photos LISTED, BUT BEFORE you hit POST, please click on the wording that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS FULL IMAGE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Thanks! Remember, it takes a bit for MOST new members to get the hang of it, but it's really quite simple once you get used to it!!!" If you still have questions, DON'T hesitate to ASK!!!!

(credit Aqui...)

Now have fun, & get 'r done !!

Help us....to help you !!!!

Komokwa

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Sticky post maybe for ALL new members?

3. komokwa

possibly....cuz they don't look at support & testing..... and even folks considering joining....could still see this..!!

4. komokwa

5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Could even add the mobile stuff to Davey's thread and point people to that when they struggle. At least we won't have to search for the instructions and paste every time. Just a thought...

6. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

This is the photo resizer I use.

Screenshot_20240410-195754.png

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@sabre123, I have TOO MANY 'sticky notes' ....the list has gotten long, so, I keep a copy on my desktop in a single 'Sticky Note'.. ...and YES, it's SO handy when needed!!! Saves me from digging around when needed to post it!!!:happy::) ALSO, the first link, if you or anyone needs the help, actually IS @daveydempsey's note!!!:happy: The second one IS @i need help's and the rest is help that others here have added.....all I really did was compile it all into one 'post'!!!!!:jawdrop:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  9. komokwa

& all I did is put where folks could see it..!;)

Takes a village !:)

Marote, Aquitaine, NanaB and 2 others like this.
  10. Melissa Hughes

Melissa Hughes New Member

As a new person who is about to make a post, this helped me. The title is what grabbed my attention. If I hadn't read this I would not have known about that. So thank you!

11. komokwa

you my dear , are most welcome......from all of us !!!!:happy::happy::happy:

Aquitaine and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted