Featured Are we sterling Tiffany earrings?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Marko, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Sigh. I know it would be too good to be true if I found genuine Tiffany earrings on the dollar table, but I want you guys to take a look. If nothing else, they are sterling. They are marked the same except one earring has 25 written on it very nicely, the one with the blue background you have to tap on, looks like an electric pen engraving. I am also including a Tiffany hallmark from Lang's at the end. And please tap on the images that aren't coming up for some reason.
    Lumii_20230304_152939586.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    Any Jewelry, KSW, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The sterling mark is legit, and Tiffany did have some silver made in Italy, but?????

KSW likes this.
  4. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

Hmmm...... interesting!
    They look good to me. Great find!

KSW likes this.
  5. Satin In A Coffin

Satin In A Coffin Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. Is the workmanship perfect? I was always told it should be with Tiffanys. The extra "25" gives me pause. Every time I find Tiffanys in the wild it is fake, leading me to believe there is more fake then real out there these days. Some of it is obvious and some of it is nicely done in silver but the details are not perfect. If I were you I would try to find a 100% real version of these exact earrings online somewhere so you can compare the two, as the signature will change over the years. Maybe they still have them on the website?

KSW likes this.
  6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I’m so wary of Tiffany, one day I’ll find the real thing and walk away from it. So many fakes it’s ridiculous.
    I hope for you they are the real deal.
    There is a FB group of Tiffany experts, you could try them to start with?

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I buy it when I find it going for melt or under. Otherwise not worth the gamble, and I don't care for it personally. Once they put stores in (admittedly higher end) shopping malls, it was game over for me.

Dessert58, kyratango and KSW like this.
  8. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Thanks all. For a dollar, I just really like them. The workmanship is not perfect. I will shine them up tomorrow and post a photo. I did look online, saw nothing like them.

9. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I’ve got a ‘Tiffany’ necklace that looks right but I don’t trust it enough to try to sell it. I may follow my own advice and put it on the Tiffany FB page even though they can be savage :eek::hilarious:

Dessert58 and kyratango like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I’ve a Tiffany bracelet bought in a bundle at a car boot. Lovely quality and it looks kosher. The bloke I beat to grab it, followed me round for a good ten minutes offering to quadruple what I’d paid.

kyratango and Marko like this.
  11. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I have found sterling Tiffany brooches at thrifts. My husband bought me a Tiffany 14k rose gold wedding band when we were in Vegas in 2013. My next goal is to get a Cartier piece, probably earrings.

12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The S in STERLING looks smaller than the T.:( The R and L also look a different size.:sorry: Lovely earrings though, and worth more than a dollar.

[​IMG]

Rec, Dessert58, komokwa and 1 other person like this.
  13. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

If you wish hard enough, the Jewelry Gods will drop something wonderful into your lap.
    It might not be earrings, and it might be Van Cleef & Arpels or similar instead of Cartier. But it will be fab.
    It always works out this way, if we believe!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    Dessert58, KSW, Marko and 1 other person like this.
  14. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I try to live right and give back....I believe in karma. They are cleaning up nicely, still working on them. Lumii_20230305_095326091.jpg

Dessert58, IvaPan, Born2it and 4 others like this.
  15. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I do this when asking the parking space fairy (sister to one of the Jewellery Gods) to find me a space. I ask her politely, have faith that she will come up with the goods and she usually does :hilarious::hilarious:
    Yep bonkers I know…..:rolleyes:

Dessert58, Marko, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  16. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I do that too!

KSW, Marko and Any Jewelry like this.
  17. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Beautiful earrings. Would love to have found them no matter Tiffany or not.

Any Jewelry and Marko like this.
  18. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Must be a Brit thing :kiss:

IvaPan and Ownedbybear like this.
  19. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

And probably even more bonkers I always say Thankyou :shy:

Dessert58, IvaPan and Ownedbybear like this.
  20. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I used to do that when I still had a car, and it works
    I used to do that too. But then I don't always know what I am.:confused::joyful:

IvaPan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted