Aristocrats poster, one interesting thing

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Lucille.b, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Seems to be an original poster, I don't think value is too high, maybe around $30. One interesting thing I noticed. "Oriental Cats voice -- Paul Mitchell" credit is actually added on, glued to the top of the poster, so maybe an update during production?? (See photos 2 and 3.)

This was also from that movie memorabilia collector who worked in productions.

Not too many questions unless having that update glued on section adds value? If yes, is there a way to describe that correction? Is there some movie or technical lingo to describe that correction?

ca3.jpg ca3aa.jpg ca3bb.jpg
    ca77.jpg
    '

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Paul Winchell was pretty well known in his time. I've heard of him as a ventriloquist, and there is a lot more in this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Winchell

Maybe his name was added because it was recognizable? Or perhaps a mistake had been made? I don't know anything about whether it is more collectible with the addition, though. Interesting!

judy and Lucille.b like this.
  3. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

you can go here and look at all the same posters that were auctioned on this site. You can often do better than the auction price. NOTE: you can magnify the pics and zoom in and see that none of those posters have Oriental Cat so probably someone just added it. Also: you can sign up for a totally free subscription and then it will give you all the auction prices. What Im saying is I dont think its a mistake and I dont think it makes it more collectible, someone just added it. Probably can sell it at $50-100, depending on how patient you are.

https://movieposters.ha.com/c/searc...=Aristocats+1970&ic4=KeywordSearch-A-K-071316

Figtree3, judy and Lucille.b like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Thank you Fig and Sunday Silence.

I'll keep snooping around. On a quick search earlier today I did see another poster with that part on there... it seems like most don't have it but some do. Thank you for the links!

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  5. Lucille.b

Interesting that there are a few almost identical versions of this poster.

Some are missing that reference to Paul Winchell completely, some have a credit off to the right side. And here is one on Ebay just like mine, if you look closely you can see that part was glued on after the fact, too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WALT-DISNE...827202?hash=item3628bece02:g:cL4AAOSwUn9aRSDn

Well, at least I know mine isn't one of a kind. Thank you for the help.

judy likes this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Can't help with the Paul Winchell addition.

However if you list it you want to be sure you spell it right.
    Aristocrats poster,
    should be Aristocats

Lucille.b, smallaxe and judy like this.
  7. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

the poster seems to be in quite good condition. Given that a few of the auction prices have brought over a hundred I think you could get that much if you leave it listed for awhile. The other prices shown there seem to hover around 50 or 60 which is consistent with typical auction prices that usually go about half of retail (or whatever you want to call ebay market).

Lucille.b and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted