Art advice wanted. Bird pics. Original Januzzi?

Discussion in 'Art' started by TheOLdGuy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

MVC-767F.JPG MVC-768F.JPG MVC-769F.JPG MVC-770F.JPG MVC-766F.JPG Are these originals? I'm dumb enough not to be able to tell.

Anyone familiar with Anthony Januzzi? 1980s. I can't find him anywhere.

These I've had for years and like, but currently not displaying. So thinking of selling.

The oriole is overall 13x16". The bluebirds 15 x12"

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. TheOLdGuy

The bluebirds are same time frame.
    ~ MVC-771F.JPG MVC-772F.JPG MVC-773F.JPG MVC-774F.JPG MVC-775F.JPG MVC-776F.JPG

3. TheOLdGuy

waddya know!!!! For the first time I am noticing a circular "indentation" where the signature is. On both of them. Resembles a mark left by a glass or cup.

But after intense, serious, extensive investigation have determined that it is in both cases a reflection of my camera lens.

4. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I struck out, too, reflections and all. :(

5. TheOLdGuy

So Januzzi could be a locally known artist, as one of my and numerous others top favorite - Stanley Kijanka. Two of his original watercolors are prominent in my living room. He's not on many lists outside of New England. Unfortunately I purchased mine from his estate.

OK, Gila. I'll forgive you. :cool: But two questions, please. How do I tell if original Januzzi's, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and water color or colored pencil?

And a third one. Overall how would you rate him? Being one of your favorite subjects, I really want an honest and blunt reply.

6. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

I am no art expert for sure, but a good number of years ago I was really fascinated by color pencil art. Looks to me like this artist was also. I think he was at an 'amateur' point with these paintings (note the outlines and lack of color layers/depth; nice compositions though). And yes, serious color pencil artists do refer to their work as paintings. Check out the Color Pencil forum on wetcanvas.com (go way back to early - mid 2000's) for some serious talent and fantastic art! I especially like the oriole; looks like watercolor pencil maybe? Or a mixed media of watercolor paint and pencil?

7. TheOLdGuy

Thanks for the comments, wenna. Not having paid much attention to them I would have answered water color. But now think pencil.

My daughter sent me a coloring book and a box of colored pencils for father's day. The book is my other hobby, classic - early 1900 to 1940 vintage cars. Haven't tried it yet.
    I hope Vanuzzi's aren't color by number. :rolleyes:

Almost forgot. Here's the small Kijanka, Definitely W C.
    ~ MVC-777F.JPG

antidiem likes this.
  8. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

OG...
    The back side of the page should tell all. Agreeing with Wenna. Pencil painting.
    As for content, form and drawing is good, colors nice. Lively poses. Nothing wrong g with them, but nothingtooexciting, either. I would truly enjoy either in a rustic setting breakfast nook, that sort of thing. Oh, and the eyes are alive-looking. Important to me .

9. TheOLdGuy

Thanks. I no longer have the breakfast nook. So what would you suggest, besides putting back in storage, would you recommend.?
    :confused:

10. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I think they would be charmante any place that...

Is not modern, industrial, minimalist.
    Is rustic, or colonial or "country-ish".
    Is a small/intimate space (they're too little and too delicate to stand up to a big or busy space).
    Near windows would be nice (birds like to see outside).

So...
    A vestibule
    A quiet corner with a reading chair, by a window
    An upper story alcove, especially on of those weird little niche-window areas.

See? That's the kind of stuff I say at my day-job!

Draft saved Draft deleted