Featured Art deco glass bowl... Period? Maker?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by verybrad, Aug 6, 2023.

1. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Have seen this type of bowl before but can't say they are common. About 8-10" diameter. Green is applied, metallic details not tarnished so maybe not silver. Are these period deco or more like 50s? Any idea of maker? I did not buy since thought the $10.00 price too steep. It also had some condition problems/wear on the interior and to the metallic details that are not readily apparent in the pics. Have to say this one is still in a bit better condition than ones I have seen in the past. Posting for curiosity sake.

thriftbowl.jpg
    thriftbowla.jpg

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Possibly Indiana Glass Moderne. Wasn't able to find an exact match, but similar ones with the same type of base and patterns that looked close.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

If a person has a jadite kitchen, that might be a nice touch for decor.

Lucille.b, verybrad and Joe in PA like this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who contributed. I think this line is attractive and under-appreciated. Have not seen these in any books on depression glass. There also does not seem to be a lot of collectors. Maybe not enough out there to reach critical mass? Not found much out of the Midwest?

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted