Featured Art Glass - Pink Opalescent Candleholders

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Aug 9, 2021.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone - I have three of these candleholders (plus one broken one) that I'm trying to identify. Each candleholder measures about 4 1/2" across and about 2 3/4" tall. I'm not quite sure how else to describe them. I'm assuming the petals were created separately and added to a central tube. I would appreciate any help in figuring out where these might have been made and an approximate time frame. Thank you for your assistance.
    Don

IMG_20210807_162052690.jpg IMG_20210807_162058218.jpg IMG_20210807_162106094.jpg

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I don't think this is right I am just throwing it out there.
    Lotus petals?

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks, pearls. It gives me a search term which is always appreciated!
    Don

judy, LauraGarnet02 and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Found a few similar in an image search using keywords 'flower form art glass candle holder'.

This pair listed and described as Murano.
    x.jpg
    https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/d...lown-murano-glass-candle-holders/id-f_732730/

These two on Pinterest listed as Archimede Seguso Murano.
    aade7fdbf1fc026160d8a8416128170c.jpg
    1e6dd366cf43bdcb3b4c6174b6363f37.jpg
    That blue one has a faded old original label.

This yellow one goes to a dead ebay link and I can read the first two words of the title which are,
    Vintage Salviati.
    s-l1000.jpg

I think picture number one blue set candle holders and number four the yellow one, are Venetian not murano and look closest match to yours.

I have no idea if any of this will pan out leading to an ID of your pink candle holder, but it's the closest I found and might lead to some good keywords for more searches.

dgbjwc, judy, Boland and 2 others like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I strongly suspect the pink ones had a Lavorazione Arte Murano label. Made in the style of Murano glassmakers, but not by one. I've seen a fair few.

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks you so much, Laura, your research is very appreciated. And thank you, Owned for the further information.
    Don

Ownedbybear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted