Art Nouveau Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by John Brassey, Jan 20, 2021.

1. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

I bought this 8.5” tall vase on eBay. I don’t have it yet so these are the sellers photos.
    It’s an unusual shape and one I’ve not seen before but the cross hatched gilding on a cobalt blue ground is pointing me towards France.
    The moulded flowers suggest the art nouveau period so I am thinking Paris maybe c1900
    Any ideas?

9254F9BE-3DCD-4586-8A5C-1E6E21A09846.png F300AD82-3D5A-4296-98F0-6B90D6977528.png FD4FBA65-87C5-43CD-AB8E-31CE53660B7C.png 23ED6BC3-2B82-49F9-A220-9CC4E9408C2E.png C3A954BF-3892-4FD8-A3BF-A0B2748BCA93.png

ulilwitch and Van_Poperin like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Shape of the top is kinda-sorta Jack in the Pulpit shape. Do you have that plant across the pond?

ulilwitch likes this.
  3. John Brassey

Yes I was trying to think of it’s name and kept typing lily. Thanks

ulilwitch and Bakersgma like this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I'm going to say Bohemian.

ulilwitch and John Brassey like this.
  5. John Brassey

Yes it’s certainly on the right track. Can’t find any porcelain ones though. 9CA13B1E-5E75-49E6-93DD-99B4399E29C6.png

ulilwitch and Bakersgma like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Dunno about anyone else, but I like that hunk of Loetz! I think the OP's is German too.

7. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I had something similar I sold years ago. It was an old Paris porcelain vase that dated back to the 1800s. It was somewhere between 1850-1890. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of my photographs and research from back then, so I can't give you specific information. Auctiva infected my computer when I clicked on a photograph in an ebay auction. Some members may remember that fiasco. If I do remember something, I will let you know. Don't hold your breath, I have a serious case of CSR. ;)

John Brassey likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's bad enough that you can't even remember how to spell CRS.:eek::eek::eek:

9. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I did say it was serious. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

komokwa and John Brassey like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The one called that here is arum maculatum. Different plant in the US.

John Brassey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted