Featured Artist Hubert Young Info

Discussion in 'Art' started by Drew, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Any background on Hubert Young - he did maritime oil paintings, circa 1960's. Found images of his work online, but nothing else. s-l1600 (7).jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i like his work.....but don't know him..

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Allison A

Allison A New Member

Hubert Young was an old friend of my family. The painting shown is actually hanging in my living room. He lived in Victoria BC in the 50’s. Virtually every member of my extended family has one of his original oil paintings. I understand he only painted sailing ships.

4. Allison A

Allison A New Member

Hubert young was an old family friend of my fathers. He lived in Victoria British Columbia in the late 50’ s early 60’s. The painting in your post actually hangs in my living room.

5. komokwa

:) Lucky you !!!!!

Funny , the internet, sometimes, Eh !!! ;)

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  6. Graham Hall

Graham Hall New Member

I have a painting by Hubert Young. I love it, but it's still in the closet. anyone interested?

7. komokwa

A - Offers to buy, sell or trade by individuals and/or dealers are not permitted in any way, shape or form in threads and/or posts. If you wish to make such an offer, contact the other party by Private Message or email.

or..
    Photo it and post it on the SELL FORUM

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

make up your own story and list it. "Unknown great-grand -uncle of Angus and Malcolm Young. shows ship that brought them from Scotland via Canada to Australia".

persona-non-gratin likes this.
  9. JGL

JGL New Member

Hi, I am looking at a Hubert Young painting and can’t find much information on the artist himself. Someone mentioned he was a friend of the family, any additional information?
    Thanks

10. komokwa

Allison A. , came here , offered some minor information , and never bothered returning.... in NOV 2018 !

Post your image....maybe someone else might know something !! :happy:

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. JGL

JGL New Member

Thanks, will see if I can track down more.

komokwa likes this.
  12. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Here is yet another Hubert Young painting; upload_2020-5-16_15-44-38.png

13. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Have you ever found any other information about him?

14. DTR

DTR New Member

Hi, That is interesting as I have the same painting leaning against my den wall. It is an original in oil..... how many did he paint of the same subject but more to the point is it worth anything?

15. DTR

DTR New Member

Reply a bit late but I have the same painting but mine is signed

16. Stephenlr

Stephenlr New Member

[​IMG]
    I bought two of his painting from a man who inherted them from his wifes estate. Local too, family friend here on the Island. I cant seem to get a image up here to share with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted