Artist identification help

Discussion in 'Art' started by Erika coody, May 28, 2022.

1. Erika coody

Erika coody New Member

Hello, I have a painting floral oil on canvas signed Andrew from 1998 artmaster studios with red identification markings: tio114DR20125... Does anyone know more about the artist or even possible value of this piece?

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hi Erika! Those who can help are going to need pictures - whole painting and frame from the front, same from the back, closeups of any labels and signatures and particularly of the long number you mention.

We don't do valuations here, but can help aim you to possible resources for comparable sales.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yes, please share photographs of both front and back of your painting including frame with us. But do know that Artmaster Studios was a company that produced decorative art (rather than fine art) and "Andrew" is likely to be a nom de brosse rather than the name of a real artist.

Debora

Boland, Aquitaine, Bakersgma and 2 others like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

From a Google Images search, I see that a number of Artmaster Studio's paintings are signed "Andrew" and all are in a different hand. This leads one to conclude that the name was used by various commercial artists producing work for Artmaster Studios.

Debora

crjDG3UIQJefA4fBYoQYug_thumb_16b0.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

ART PAINTING ANDREW 3AA.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    Figtree3, Boland, Aquitaine and 5 others like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

As to value, you should be able to get directional value by going to eBay Completed Listings and searching in the Art category for "Artmaster Studios." That will give you an idea of whether there's a market for works such as yours and, if so, what sales prices they have realized.

Debora

Bakersgma likes this.
  8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

9. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted