Featured Asian Ceramics Patterns?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by jeasta, Feb 22, 2024.

1. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I picked up this small dish recently and it looks similar to the bok choy pattern but in a different color. I have in the past had items with the bok choy pattern and the tobacco leaf pattern.

I was wondering if any of you know this pattern or a place where I can find a list with photos of all these different ceramics patterns so that I can id them easily in the future. If not feel free to add to this thread with the patterns you know and we can make our own list.
    IMG_7256 2-2.jpg

2. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

bok choy pattern 20th-century-bok-choy-cabbage-and-butterfly-pattern-green-ginger-temple-jar-2918.jpeg

kentworld, Bronwen and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

tobacco leaf pattern
    20th-century-chinoiserie-tobacco-leaf-pattern-platter-1619.jpeg

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Is this a ceramic dish with a metal backing? I remember seeing a lot of those around in gift shops in the 1990s.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  5. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Yes, it is ceramic inside brass.

LauraGarnet02 and moreotherstuff like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

a list with photos of all these different ceramics patterns

if you find that.....please tell us !!!

jeasta and Aquitaine like this.
  7. Jose Deleon

Jose Deleon Active Member

Some are very vintage to modern, few percentage are antique I have seen online, I know I own one pair spoon rest mounted pewter/brass & jade hook as a handle

8. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

I found an antique one once in a shop. It wasn't the best quality and was damaged but still created quite a bit of interest. I've also seen some online. They can be very beautiful and intricate. A fair bit of famille rose influence in some of them.

jeasta likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted