Asian (Chinese? Korean?) Ceramics (Porcelain?) -- assistance with attributing them/valuing them

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Generic_Lad, May 23, 2021.

1. Generic_Lad

Generic_Lad Active Member

2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Are some of the pics out of order?

The jarlet looks Ming dynasty provincial, possibly Swatow, perhaps painted with a peach or pomegranate. Small saucer similar attributes.

The dish with the artemisia leaf on the base, Chinese late 18th or early 19th century in style.

For an idea of pricing search ebay/worthpoint etc for 'ming jarlet' and 'qianlong blue white plate'

Bakersgma and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Generic_Lad

Thanks!

The pics are backwards on how I intended it

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  4. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

You're welcome, that makes more sense. Both plates about the same period, late Qianlong or Jiaqing

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. Generic_Lad

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Are there any good references to Chinese porcelain out there? I keep hearing of people who manage to find good things at yard sales or auctions and resell them at Sotheby's or something for crazy money, but I have no idea where to start on there. I don't really find Asian art that appealing, but if I can flip it and use that towards something I do collect, I might be able to make the hobby halfway self-sustaining :)

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Many of the decent reference books are out of print and now and run into the 100's if not 1k+ price range. Even so they are limited as to what you can learn, handling is the key. You need to handle lots, go to higher end auctions or fairs so you know the items are right and study them. You often can't stop dealers at fairs talking about their items if you show a hint of interest.

komokwa, KikoBlueEyes and Generic_Lad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted