Asian looking thick bowl hallmarked

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by billyd3us, Oct 16, 2018.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

I been trying for a long time off and on to try and find this maker. The decoration makes me think Asian but I have never seen any hallmark like this. Has lot's of iron spots inside and out . Has anybody ever seen this hallmark or know who made it ?

Thank You 031.JPG 032.JPG 033.JPG 034.JPG

2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

The decoration is a prunus pattern which has been used in Chinese and other Asian wares for centuries. So, could be Southeast Asian manufacture. The mark, if you rotate it, looks like the crown/coronet above the ubiquitous capodimonte mark (coronet over N). But I think it’s probably Japanese/Chinese from the late 20th c. JMHO.

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

The inside says Rising something?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

It reminds me so much of the blue/brown "speckled stoneware" coming from Japan in the 1980's from companies like Otagiri. I wish I recognized that crown mark!

5. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

I wrote that down because it reminded me of a mark I seen about 10 years ago called rising sun.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted