Asian Porcelain Bowl With Frogs On Rim

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Oct 9, 2014.

1. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

WOW! If my Mom saw those frogs she would "croak" ;),LOL. She collects frogs too. :cat:

My Mom's best friend is from Bolivia and told her that frogs are good luck :)

2. spirit-of-shiloh

Some of my Mom's frogs, too many to photograph.

phpndrXMKPM.jpg

Attached Files:

dgbjwc likes this.
  3. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

The bowl in the original post was also sold at the Christmas Tree Shops. The majority of the merchandise is Made in China. For those that are not familiar with the name here is a history:

http://www.christmastreeshops.com/category/about-us.do#history

I overheard a woman saying the merchandise at the Christmas Tree Shops reminded her of shopping at Woolworths. I would have to agree although, CTS have a bit more charm.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Oh, please - you're not even out of the foyer yet. The scariest room in this house is the powder room. It's small and filled with bird figurines, wallpockets, pictures, etc. It's like a Hitchcock movie. Not the room you want to go into if you've got a buzz on.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  5. spirit-of-shiloh

I remember Woolworths in my small town years ago...............ours went out of business years ago.

6. spirit-of-shiloh

LOL............years ago I was a bird NUT and had bird figurines, pictures,etc. all over the house, I was even called the "Bird Lady of Adams Hill" in the local newspaper.........then came the horses....now...most dust collections are boxed. :p

dgbjwc likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

At least they called you a Lady !!!...LOL....

8. spirit-of-shiloh

Better than being called the "Bird NUT" of Adams Hill. :p

gregsglass likes this.
  9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Had to laugh since once I was called Pig Man I was skinney as a rail but I loved pigs. Only lifelike not cartoony pigs. My favorite was a 125lb concrete pig in my front yard. The people buying my house wanted the pig and was willing to pay 500 bucks for her, I was moving into an apartment so it was a win win deal but I do miss Beatrice. Do not miss Pig Man named although now I am almost as big as a pig.:rolleyes:
    greg

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  10. spirit-of-shiloh

Beatrice....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

gregsglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted