Featured Asking Opinions on $$$$ Value

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Snowman Cometh, Sep 26, 2026.

  1. komokwa

    komokwa The Truth is out there...!

    that , and it looks like Data !

    [​IMG]
     
    Bronwen and Snowman Cometh like this.
  2. Snowman Cometh

    Snowman Cometh Well-Known Member

    It does. Except the cameo is of a woman (I'm pretty sure). How sad is it, that one time you just knew the difference?
     
    Bronwen likes this.
  3. Bronwen

    Bronwen Well-Known Member

    I have seen this cameo on eBay for a couple of years. Asking price has stayed the same while the price of gold has risen around it. When I snagged photos of it in 2024 the seller was using a different name, but the item number is the same.

    This person does a startlingly bad job of representing their wares. They seem not to have noticed that it is signed, although you can pick it up faintly in one photo, partially in another.

    Maybe I've just forgotten, & don't have a pic that shows it, but I don't recall the piece having cracks visible on it now. It's a gorgeous mount, I can see some philistine being tempted to pop the cameo out, with the idea of melting one & selling the other loose, then finding that doing so would destroy the cameo.

    Has to have been somebody's mother. Kind of cool that she herself is wearing what appears to be a cameo.
     
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2026 at 7:18 PM
  4. Bronwen

    Bronwen Well-Known Member

    I deliberately withheld the name of the cameist, not wanting to encourage this seller to jack the price up even more.

    I have 2 by the same hand that can be found on my Pinterest board with cameos of gentlemen, where the name of the engraver can be found:

    PioSiottoGentleman1B.jpg Siotto gentleman 2A.jpg
     
    komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: Asking Opinions
Forum Title Date
Jewelry Asking about a necklace ... Mar 18, 2023
Jewelry I am actually asking for help on a UK silver hallmark. ;) Oct 17, 2022
Jewelry Asking for help with determining ages of three brooches Dec 15, 2016
Jewelry Expert Opinions Needed: I Don't Want to be that sucker Aug 29, 2026
Jewelry Opinions on this bracelet Aug 1, 2025

Share This Page