Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Asking Opinions on $$$$ Value
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Snowman Cometh, post: 13166520, member: 83302"]You know cameos. So, I'm assuming you have an idea of it's value. People selling these things really have little to no idea what they're selling. But, they look at what others are selling similar things for, and they price accordingly. </p><p><br /></p><p>As a collector, you would have a better idea if it's actually carved or pressed, 9k of course adds value. </p><p><br /></p><p>You go into a store, the price tag is upside down, and you ask to see the price. In your mind you're saying "if this piece is under ???" it's a great value, and I'm going to buy it. The caveat here is, you have money to spend. Even if you don't have it in reality. For this example, you have funds. So, money isn't the issue. BUT, you don't want to pay $50000 when it's actual value is $200.</p><p><br /></p><p>I don't think they gave a size. But, it appears to probably be about 2". </p><p><br /></p><p>This one is much nicer than the one I posted. I wouldn't have paid $1500. But, it's beautiful.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Snowman Cometh, post: 13166520, member: 83302"]You know cameos. So, I'm assuming you have an idea of it's value. People selling these things really have little to no idea what they're selling. But, they look at what others are selling similar things for, and they price accordingly. As a collector, you would have a better idea if it's actually carved or pressed, 9k of course adds value. You go into a store, the price tag is upside down, and you ask to see the price. In your mind you're saying "if this piece is under ???" it's a great value, and I'm going to buy it. The caveat here is, you have money to spend. Even if you don't have it in reality. For this example, you have funds. So, money isn't the issue. BUT, you don't want to pay $50000 when it's actual value is $200. I don't think they gave a size. But, it appears to probably be about 2". This one is much nicer than the one I posted. I wouldn't have paid $1500. But, it's beautiful.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Asking Opinions on $$$$ Value
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...