Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Asking Opinions on $$$$ Value
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Bronwen, post: 13184256, member: 5833"]I have seen this cameo on eBay for a couple of years. Asking price has stayed the same while the price of gold has risen around it. When I snagged photos of it in 2024 the seller was using a different name, but the item number is the same.</p><p><br /></p><p>This person does a startlingly bad job of representing their wares. They seem not to have noticed that it is signed, although you can pick it up faintly in one photo, partially in another.</p><p><br /></p><p>Maybe I've just forgotten, & don't have a pic that shows it, but I don't recall the piece having cracks visible on it now. It's a gorgeous mount, I can see some philistine being tempted to pop the cameo out, with the idea of melting one & selling the other loose, then finding that doing so would destroy the cameo.</p><p><br /></p><p>Has to have been somebody's mother. Kind of cool that she herself is wearing what appears to be a cameo.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Bronwen, post: 13184256, member: 5833"]I have seen this cameo on eBay for a couple of years. Asking price has stayed the same while the price of gold has risen around it. When I snagged photos of it in 2024 the seller was using a different name, but the item number is the same. This person does a startlingly bad job of representing their wares. They seem not to have noticed that it is signed, although you can pick it up faintly in one photo, partially in another. Maybe I've just forgotten, & don't have a pic that shows it, but I don't recall the piece having cracks visible on it now. It's a gorgeous mount, I can see some philistine being tempted to pop the cameo out, with the idea of melting one & selling the other loose, then finding that doing so would destroy the cameo. Has to have been somebody's mother. Kind of cool that she herself is wearing what appears to be a cameo.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Asking Opinions on $$$$ Value
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...