Featured Beaded hand-made French purse w/beautiful pattern Any info? Thanks

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by antique85, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

I think the cardboard box may be too acidic. You could invest in acid free archival -OR I make fabric bags to hold things... or yes, plain fabric yardage.

I also have several dresses or larger pieces of lace that I've made "rollers" for storage. After finding a suitable cardboard - sturdy tube... I put batting over it and then cover it with well washed white fabric... roll the item on it - preferably with no folds... and then roll it again in white fabric. I usually have some ribbon ties on it to hold the wrap in place.

Cheerio
    Leslie

antique85 likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think if the thing is wrapped, the box ought to be ok, but archive boxes would be grand.

antique85 likes this.
  3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I know I posted much earlier in this thread, but I want to clarify something.

When I said that I put beaded purses in plastic so that if beads fell off they would be saved, I was talking about purses for sale in my store.

I place them in one of my archival bags that I buy for my ephemera, and they are in there for a limited amount of time, as they are for sale, and are gone before too long.

4. antique85

antique85 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. It is very interesting and uplifting to read--made me smile :) . It made me think of the tv show "Yes to the Dress." I DO think you have a lot of interesting stories...I hope you consider writing them down....

Northern Lights Lodge likes this.
  5. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

@antique85 - Well now YOU made ME smile! :) I've watched a few epis of yes to the dress... but saw it first hand and don't need to relive it! Bridezilla is worse!

I have written down a few of my stories - mostly growing up ones... but there are a couple specific horror stories I could jot down in re: to working bridal.

Some funny ones too! :)
    Cheerio I'm off for a walk while the weather is pleasant!
    Leslie

antique85 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted