Featured Beautiful dish with flower lid

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Back in Time, May 22, 2024.

1. Back in Time

Back in Time New Member

Found this in an antique shop with no history or info provided. looking online i found some with similar patterns and they were calling it Filigrana Murano Velro a retoeti. I don't know. Could be Target for all I know. Anybody have any ideas what this might be? thumbnail_20240512_083158.jpg thumbnail_20240512_083158.jpg thumbnail_20240512_083110.jpg

Attached Files:

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Oh that is a wonderful piece of glass ! Certainly Murano. The stripes are called latticino I believe. Look carefully to see if its signed anywhere. Sometimes they are hard to see. I am seriously envious ,this is a beauty.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Das , some nice glass !!!:happy:

4. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

As others have said, it is a very fine piece.

Here is a similar piece of Murano latticino glass -

upload_2024-5-22_23-57-18.png
    https://nyshowplace.com/products/italian-murano-latticino-covered-bon-bon-box

Murano is a series of interconnected islands in the lagoon near Venice, Italy. It has been an important center of glassmaking since the Middle Ages. Making glass requires high temperature furnaces, and the glassworks were moved to the island to prevent any accidental fires from reaching the city.

5. Back in Time

Back in Time New Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Is there anyway to judge the age of this piece?

6. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

The example blurb says 1960s, so maybe around then?

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Latticino, as a term, has fallen rather out of favour. Filigrana is probably a better one. Those circus tent top lids are very sixties.

8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very nice. And I learned something today.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That is lovely. Prefer the monochrome lid detail to the polychrome which is a bit heavy for the piece.

Debora

johnnycb09 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted