Featured Beautiful, Interesting, Mysterious Glass Figurine Head Decanter? Help Please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Hunter S., Nov 11, 2021.

1. Hunter S.

Hunter S. Active Member

I had this for a while but I never had time to take a picture and ask about your opinion as I have no clue...is it some type of alcohol holder or just a figurine...I am confused and I cannot find anything like it :(

Its rather small 14 cm (5.51 in) x 4 cm (1.57 in)

Hope you all like it (I love it :happy:) and I hope that someone knows more :woot::happy::woot:

20211112_035931.jpg
    20211112_035939.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a lot of these in gift and florist's shops, I think in the 70s or 80s.

Hunter S., Bronwen and judy like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

At first I thought it was Homer Simpson.

Hunter S., Firemandk, reader and 2 others like this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The best were made by a Swedish company whose name escapes me.

6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I think these have gone the way of the dodo bird. I used to have one of these, briefly. Thought it was cute, but after awhile, it was just as easy shaking the peanuts out of the jar or can as it was to transfer to the peanut pourer. Maybe good for a party though where you don't want people to put their hands in the peanut bowl.

7. pearlsnblume

Put jelly beans inside for some color.

DizzyDaff, Hunter S., Boland and 5 others like this.
  8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

That's a great idea!! If you intend to list it, I would put jelly beans in it for the photo. The ones that are on ebay right now look very drab without color. Yours would really stand out! Then eat the beans later.

DizzyDaff, Hunter S., *crs* and 3 others like this.
  9. Francisco G Kempton

Francisco G Kempton Well-Known Member

Good Lord Boyet, my beauty, though but mean, Needs not the painted flourish of your praise: Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye:Shakespear

Moral of the story: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Jelly beans indeed are beautiful when you have the urge for sugar.

10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Jelly beans would be an excellent idea but I would get the Jelly Belly kind or else you would only need 3 or 4 regular-sized ones. ;) :happy::happy:

Hunter S. and pearlsnblume like this.
  11. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

@Ownedbybear , That would be Scandanavian Goober Decanter of Taiwan, Sweden..... say's made in Taiwan on the box .... and I tease you in good nature ..... Many a time I have passed over the obvious , as my father's favorite saying goes , "Had it been a snake, it would have bit you !" ......... actually, he is more fond of saying " you'd complain if they hung you with a brand new rope" which these days , as he is 86, I use it on him a lot more than he uses it on me ......lol.

12. Hunter S.

Hunter S. Active Member

Thank you all, special thanks to say it slowly!!!:shame::happy::shame: I would never have guessed :woot::woot::woot:

13. pearlsnblume

Update. :p:p:p:p:p
    Thanks to this thread, I got a similar one today.

I was at an estate sale going through the nooks and crannies of the dining room and found a similar one in a cabinet. If I had not seen this original thread, I never would have know what the H this was. It had to come home with me.
    Living and learning here every day.

14. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

See, every house needs one:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  15. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Will you be posting a photo of the similar one? I for one would certainly like to see it.

say_it_slowly and pearlsnblume like this.
  16. pearlsnblume

Draft saved Draft deleted