Featured Beautiful little mosaic stick pin

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by ulilwitch, Jun 22, 2023.

1. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

I purchased this stick pin at a yard sale for $1.00. I just thought it was really cute. I cannot find anything like it and I cannot find any marking. I do not collect these pins but like to look for things for other people also that will not stickpin 1.jpg stickpin 2.jpg break the bank. So, if there is anyone that collects these pins I would be glad to mail it to you. If several people want it I will do a drawing.

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Needlepoint rather than mosaic, I'd think. Sweet. Those were popular in the 1970s.

Debora

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto. Very sweet.

KSW, pearlsnblume, johnnycb09 and 2 others like this.
  4. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Thank you Debora. Now with this information (Needlepoint) I found it easily. Yes!

KSW, pearlsnblume, Figtree3 and 4 others like this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I have a needlepoint stickpin that somebody gave me. It has initials sewed in, but not my initials.

KSW, ulilwitch and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've seen petitpoint too, but those were generally commercial. No one in their right minds did petitpoint, even in the 50s.

Figtree3, KSW and ulilwitch like this.
  7. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

ulilwitch, KSW, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  8. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

I have a bracelet with those petitpoint roses on black, sold some too...pwetty and sweet though not very valuable.
    People tend to buy them for their moms:rolleyes:

ulilwitch, KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

My grandmother loved those petit point roses on black, very 50s and 60s. She had a makeup bag with powder compact etc, all the same roses petit point. I believe they were made in Austria.

ulilwitch, KSW and Dessert58 like this.
  10. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

ulilwitch, KSW and Dessert58 like this.
  11. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry, yes indeed, very 50s-60s
    I also came across and sold a powder compact with accompanying lipstick holder in original package some years ago.
    Still holding on to that one bracelet though. I might even wear it to a wedding tomorrow, now that I think about it :D

ulilwitch, KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted